Wednesday 13 March 2013

Making the Shinigami Uniform

Here are some links to patterns and tutorials for making the Bleach shinigami uniform:

The Hakama (I made 1 black)
Hakama Pattern Only

Note: if you can figure patterns out without instructions, this will be easy. If not, feel free to ask and I'll gladly help.

The Gi: (I made 1 white and 1 black)
Kimono Pattern Only

Note: I shortened the kimono into a gi (shortened so that it goes down and cover my butt). If you look at the image you can figure out what the measurements should be, but any help on that, just ask.

I officially used this pattern and shortened it:
Simplicity 5839
But the above pattern only link looks basically the same as the pattern.

The Waraji (sandals):
Waraji tutorial

The white sash is easy enough.  There is nothing to explain about that.

Tabi (socks):

Tabi Socks 1
Tabi Socks 2

For a little less work, you can use flip-flops instead of making Waraji, and use white socks, instead of making Tabi.

EDITED 2016/08/19
I'm sharing 2 sites that might help with the Hakama-making. I really hope it helps:

7 comments:

  1. could you put a tutorial on how to sow this together ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. As soon as I get some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know where I can find some instructions for the hakama?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing the hakama from your tutorial, but I have some doubts. Could you please help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll gladly help where I can. :) So feel free to ask, as well as I will soon try a new pattern and if it works easier and better, I'll update this site.

      Delete
  5. So I have a few questions about the hakama pants, like what goes where, and how is it folded. Also, how big are they going to be around the waist (I'm chubby, no denying that) so it would be nice to now if i had to make them bigger. I probably have more, but these are the ones I have right of the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm somewhat chubby too, but they are semi one-size-fits-all. Before adding the waist bands, you can try them on and see if it will work (just pin the pleats like I tried to explain in the tutorial) - in case it is a bit too small you can make the pleats a bit smaller.
      As soon as I make a new Hakama, I'll take photos step by step. Hopefully it will help in the future. :)

      Delete